Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with ACID

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 10:04:53 -0500

Sounds like you don¹t have PHP installed on your webserver.

Also, don¹t use ACID, it hasn¹t been maintained in years and the code is
cold.  Please switch to using BASE (http://base.secureideas.net)  if you
want to keep using an alert browser.

Joel

On 1/18/07 9:23 AM, "Irfan Ahmed" <ahm_irf () yahoo com> mentioned to me:

Hi,

I am setting up the snort in a Computer. I have installed all the softwares
and packages by following the steps in Jack Koziol's book "Intrusion Detection
with snort".

After installing the ACID, when I try to get main page i.e. acid_main.php of
ACID, I got the php code of the page rather than the actual page. I have
searched the page but I did not get any error or warning.

I have searched alot and checked my installation and configuration files many
time but could not resolve the problem.

I will be really grateful if someone helps me out.

Regards,

Irfan

joel esler              Sourcefire                   1-706-627-2101

"Steve Jobs invented the world...²
Bill Gates, 2007