Snort mailing list archives

Check network for system broadcasts...

From: Akashdeep Bhardwaj <bhrdwh () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:09:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  I am looking for a low cost, simple implementation for 250 systems with different OS (all types of microsoft, linux,
unix, solaris, mac...) connected via L2 and L3 Cisco and 3com switches (most of these switches are SNMP) having 5 VLANs
to -
  1. Detect if a port on particular switch (read machine) broadcasts more that a threshold that I define, to detect
virus/spyware broadcasts.
  2. Detect Spyware & Malware on the network.

  Any help is appriciated.

  Thanks in advance,

  Akash
  Bhrdwh () yahoo com