Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort v2.6.1 and v2.6.1.1 - Either shutdown or hangs after a short period of time

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:02:42 -0500

Sounds like a hardware problem?

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 04:56:38PM -0600, it looks like Ron Jenkins sent me:

   This is happen on several different servers. Below is one of the
   errors that I found in the messages log file.

   Thanks...

   Nov 28 13:18:33 ids1 kernel: nic0: Too much work in interrupt, status
   8401.
   Nov 28 13:57:04 ids1 kernel: nic0: Too much work in interrupt, status
   8401.
   Nov 28 14:26:02 ids1 kernel: device nic0 left promiscuous mode
   Nov 28 15:12:16 ids1 kernel: device nic1 left promiscuous mode

   Ron Jenkins (SnortCP, MCNE, CNE6, MCP, CCNA, CCEA)

   RMJ Consulting, LLC.

   "Bringing Companies and Solutions Together"

   Senior Architect

   7575 Jefferson Hwy #103

   Baton Rouge, La 70806

   Phone. 225-931-1632

   Fax. 225-755-1254

   Email. rjenkins () rmjconsulting net

   Web. [1]http://www.rmjconsulting.net

   (Aanval Reseller and Technology Partner)
   [2]http://www.aanval.com/tour/rmj