Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem with snort 2.6.1.1 (stop working)

From: "Justin Heath" <justin.heath () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:24:50 -0500

Could either of you enable debugging and provide a backtrace of the
running process (when having the issue)? If so, please send the info
over to bugs () snort org.

Thanks,
Justin Heath

On 11/25/06, Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz> wrote:
Justin Heath wrote:
How long does it take before you see this issue? Is it possible to run
a tcpdump to get a packet trace during this time? If so can send the
packet trace to bugs () snort org?

I can report a "me too" on this now. 2.6.1.1 under CentOS4.4 ran
successfully for a lot longer than 2.6.1 did, but the problem still
occurred. I'm going to guess it took >24hours for the problem to
reoccur. As that will be in the 10+Gb range, I don't think a tcpdump
will be possible :-)

"ps" showed the same condition. snort was in a "R" state, and attaching
with strace produced no output - instead of the roar of output expected.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417