Snort mailing list archives

Snort 2.6.1 Stops Logging

From: "Colin Grady" <colin.grady () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:20:01 -0600

I've migrated one system from Snort 2.6.0.2 to Snort 2.6.1. I've made no
configuration file changes and no command-line changes between the two
releases, but after somewhere around 20-30 minutes after being started Snort
2.6.1 seems to stop logging data. I'm using unified logging, which is being
processed through Barnyard. The Snort process continues to run and the
processor time continues to climb, but the unified logs stop growing -- so
it's not related to Barnyard as best as I can tell.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Colin Grady