Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Console

From: Eric Hines <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:05:56 -0500

Dwane,

Their are several options out there on the open source market, which are
free, such as Sguil, Base, and Aanval.

On the commercial front, we offer an enterprise Snort management suite
written purely in Java. The Agent and Server is written in Python and
simplifies the Snort setup process by simply specifying the network
interface to listen on and the location of the Snort binary. Both have a
menu-driven setup interface and wizard.

Because the Dashboard is written in Java, it requires no web browser to
run and is available for Mac, Unix, and Windows. It also has integrated
support for Nessus, Snort-Inline, LaBrea Tarpit, Windows Event Logs, and
some commercial firewalls. You can schedule Nessus scans or run them
immediately in our Dashboard GUI. The Policy Manager allows you to
create individual policies for all your Snort sensors as well as
download new rules from snort.org and bleeding-edge.

Its an Agent/Server architecture that allows you to install the Agent
software on any Snort sensor you've already got deployed. We do not ship
the Snort binary so you can use the version from snort.org.

It offers real-time alert monitoring and snort ruleset management along
with a real-time heartbeat monitor to see all running Snort sensors and
Agents. It also offers reporting and email alerts.

You can download our software at http://www.appliedwatch.com

I can provide you more details offline.

Best Regards,

Eric S. Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC

Eric S. Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC

Email:   eric.hines () appliedwatch com
Address: 1095 Pingree Road
         Suite 221
         Crystal Lake, IL
         60014
Tel:     (877) 262-7593 ext:327
Fax:     (847) 854-5106
Web:     http://www.appliedwatch.com

Security Management for the Open Source Enterprise

Atkins, Dwane P wrote:
We are looking to deploy snort in strategic spots on our network.  I am
looking for a single console to manage these devices.

Price does matter, but free is much better.  It can be a Linux, Windows
or Mac computer.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Dwane