Snort mailing list archives

Re: upgrading to snort 2.6

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:41:55 -0400

Is this a 64bit system? Did you compile from sources? Can you run
barnyard under gdb and provide a backtrace.

Thx,
Jason.

Derek Stinchfield wrote:
Yeah, I gave it a glance.  I haven't had a lot of time to read in depth, but I know the lines that configure snort to
output unified files has not changed.  I still believe that there is something bizarre happening in Barnyard, but I
can't lock it down.

Derek Stinchfield
Network Analyst
Scientific Computing Center
University of North Dakota - ÆROSPACE
derek () aero und edu

"info+lucretia.ca" <info () lucretia ca> 9/29/2006 7:55 AM >>>
Actually there is vast difference between 2.4 and 2.6.

Did you review the release notes or the manual?

Cheers,

James Friesen, CIO
Lucretia Enterprises
Our World Is Here