Snort mailing list archives

Re: run sneeze

From: Eric Hines <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:59:21 -0500

You will also need to disable stream4 in order to get it to generate the
alerts. It does not of course create a three-way handshake and TCP
sessions that Snort will then detect on.

Their is a product called IDS Informer (Blade Software). Using (2) NICs
it establishes the three-way handshakes, etc prior to the attack.

Best Regards,

Eric S. Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC

Eric S. Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President, Chairman
Applied Watch Technologies, LLC

Email:   eric.hines () appliedwatch com
Address: 1095 Pingree Road
         Suite 213
         Crystal Lake, IL
         60014
Tel:     (877) 262-7593 ext:327
Fax:     (847) 854-5106
Web:     http://www.appliedwatch.com

Security Management for the Open Source Enterprise

Joel Esler wrote:
Thanks. :)

I was mistaken when I said I had never heard of Sneeze.  For some reason I was not awake.  Of course I have heard of
sneeze, however, I don't think it will do you much good.

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:52:42AM +0200, Jes?s G?lvez apparently sent me:
   Yes, I intalled the Perl module and now sneeze works (now I don?t
   have permissions, but this is another story :P).
   "I've never heard of sneeze before, does it establish full session
   attacks?"
   Sneeze just takes the protocol and string of the rules that you
   indicate and generates the alert.
   Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com> escribi?:

     Looks like you don't have the RawIP Perl Module installed for perl.
     You should be able to install this through cpan.
     I've never heard of sneeze before, does it establish full session
     attacks?

   LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
   Llamadas a fijos y m?viles desde 1 c?ntimo por minuto.
   [1]http://es.voice.yahoo.com