Snort mailing list archives

Re: I am at a loss

From: "Lee Clemens" <snort () leeclemens net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:47:28 -0400

Well, first things first, are you sure that the sensor is seeing the
traffic? Try using tcpdump and make sure it is.  If it is, are you sure
Snort is trying to log it? If you can confirm all of these other components
are working, verify the alert is in the database and that BASE is simply
unable to see it. That should help get an understanding of where the problem
is occurring...