Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:01:40 -0400

Santi,

Perhaps I don't understand whats going on.  Your number of alerts
increases when speed increases?

Joel

Santi Benito wrote:
Hello Joel, I could not respond you before because I have not been at
home these days.
My problem was that when my replaying rate from one computer to
another grows the number of alerts pass from 740 at 20Mb/s to 745 at
30Mb/s.
I am only using p2p.rules and bleeding's p2p rules also .
I dont understand this issue.
Another thing is, if it is normal that ethereal catches more p2p
packets from one pcap file than snort.
Thanks a lot.
I think that you have the main configuration of my snort.conf file,no?
I will be very pleased if you could help me.

Santi