Snort mailing list archives

Why Snort doubles packet number?

From: "Santi Benito" <benisoroa () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:35:05 +0200

Hi Snorters,
I am replaying with Tcpreplay a file that has 1644419 packets by
eth1.This interface is directly connected to eth1 in another computer
where is running snort.
When I press CTRL+C when the replay has finished, on statistic appear:

Snort received 3288840 packets (this number is just the double of 1644419)
   Analyzed: 3288840(100.000%)
   Dropped: 0(0.000%)

Why occurs this thing?
Thanks a lot!