Snort mailing list archives

2.4.4 Binaries and 2.6.0RC1 Available

From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:21:05 -0400

Hey all,

The Snort Team has posted Snort 2.4.4 binaries for linux and win32.  As
a reminder, this release fixed an issue where under certain conditions
the frag3 preprocessor will not properly defragment fragmented IP
packets. This release also includes improvements to stream4 and a fix
for Snort in inline mode. Numerous other improvements are detailed in
the changelog for this release. These binaries are available at
http://www.snort.org/dl/binaries/.

Questions about the 2.4.4 release, contact snort-team () sourcefire com

In addition, we have released Snort 2.6.0 RC1. This release includes
numerous fixes since the beta release last month. We would like to thank
the community for all the great testing and feedback. Keep up the good
work so we can move quickly to a stable release!  The release candidate
source tarball and binaries are available at
http://www.snort.org/dl/prerelease/.

Questions or feedback on 2.6.0 RC1, contact snort-beta () sourcefire com

Happy Snorting!

Jennifer

--
Jennifer S. Steffens