Snort mailing list archives

Re: Inline with PF

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:50:00 -0600

No, not one that we have built support for.  If you discover that PF
does in fact have userspace queueing functionality or divert sockets
available, we would be more than happy to try and add support for it.
If you are interested, snort_inline does support IPFW for FreeBSD.
Unfortunately that functionality is broken in the current release of
vanilla snort.  I'm also not sure if the fixes for IPFW are checked
into head yet or not.  If you just want to play around to test it out,
your best bet will be to download a snort_inline RC.  Hopefully Steve
(*Wave* hi Steve) and I will get the IPFW fixes in before the next
snort release as FreeBSD ninja Nick Rogness spent a lot of time fixing
this.

Regards,

Will