Snort mailing list archives

Snort for Windows, filter for syslog ?

From: "Turnquist,Wayne" <WayneTurnquist () catholichealth net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:59:51 -0600

I have the newest version of Snort/Base on a windows 2003.

I now have the rules tweaked to a point where i have very few alerts showing up in base.

I have kiwi syslog up and running where i'm goint to use for very critical events are sent. Example, 3 fail logins with
sound alerts, log all successful login to a file, and ect

I was wondering if it is possible to have syslog alerts sent if the classification is for example trojan-activity along
with logging to base?

thanks
wt