Snort mailing list archives

RE: Installing on RedHat

From: <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:38:25 -0600

I have an oinkmaster doc out there and if I can ever shake the flu and
respiratory infection I have I will finish my barnyard documentation.

Basically for how they work together is you tell snort how to log (flat
file, unified file, or DB) (then you have a program like barnyard (if you
use unified) spit it into the DB) or get the data into the DB directly from
snort and read it with BASE or Sguil.  Or run something like snortsnarf
against the flat file.

Hope that helps, and makes sense.  The fever is burning and my brain is
fried so no telling if this e-mail will even be anything close to readable.
Time to go take more pills and chug some Nyquil to top it of.  Happy
snorting, and happy new years to all.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

Technology is not a panacea.  Commonsense, knowledge, and diligence are the
costs of a secure environment.