Snort mailing list archives

RE: IDS Load Balancer

From: Angel R <a_ti_92 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:40:18 -0800 (PST)

Dear Bruce,

    We've several high performance servers in the data center that each of their bandwidth usage reachs about 300mbps.
Our DataCenter connection to our users is several Gigbit Ethernet Links and we've no management on users network. So
we've two place to setup our TAPs: the first place is near servers with about 300mbps and the other place is our
connection to users network with about 400-500mbps each. On both of these places, a single IDS sensor can not handle
the traffic so I need a Load Balancer like appliance that can balance the traffic to IDS sensors farm.

   Please note that I want to analyze all of the traffic and no filter can be applied on these traffics.

Thanks

"Briggs, Bruce" <Bruce.Briggs () suny edu> wrote:     It would be helpful for you to tell us what you mean by  a high
traffic rate.
 Is it possible to have multiple Snort sensors at lower  traffic rate locations in your network and still cover all
traffic flows that  you desire to monitor?

 Bruce