Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help with oinkmaster

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:10:59 +0100 (CET)

Look close and you'll see that it first downloads the 2.3 tarball and then the 2.2 tarball. You have for some reason specified two URLs in oinkmaster.conf (or multiple -u <url> arguments), where the second one points to a non-existent file. Remove the snortrules-snapshot-2_2.tar.gz URL and it should work.

I'd also strongly recommend that you make sure you run the latest version of Snort and use the 2.4 rules instead, although that has nothing do to with this issue.

/Andreas