Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE blank index page

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:40:34 -0500

On Feb 10, 2006, at 2:16 PM, Pablo Sanchez wrote:

Hi guys,

Hi-

I followed the Patrick Harper tutorial to get Snort installed on FC4.
Everything was ok but when I try to access my BASE (https:// localhost/base) it redirects me to a blank page https://localhost/ base/base_main.php

This is not good.<g> Could you check your httpd's error log and let me know if anything was written there. If nothing was, please increase your PHP error reporting level and try again. Most of the time, a blank page is either a misconfiguration or some library isn't loaded.

Then I set $sql_trace_mode = 1; and got this:

Unable to open SQL trace file ''

Setting $sql_trace_mode requires you to also set a file name in $sql_trace_file. This error message is saying that the file '' (or empty) is not found because it wasn't set.

Then I set $debug_mode = 2; and got this

This setting is to debug errors within BASE iself. For example, if the sorting order was messed up or something similar.
PHP Version 5.0.4

I really don't know what to do.

If you can supply answer to the above, I am more then willing to see if we can fix this for you.

Thanks
Kevin Johnson
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net