Snort mailing list archives

Data required about an old exploit

From: ecmproute <ecmproute () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:51:50 +0530

Hi,
The rule with sid 1564:
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HTTP_SERVERS $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"WEB-MISC
login.htm access"; flow:to_server,established; uricontent:"/login.htm"; nocase;
reference:bugtraq,665; reference:cve,1999-1533;
classtype:web-application-activity; sid:1564; rev:6;)

It is blocking even naive login.html pages. I have gone through the
details provided by Snort.org site about this rule.

I dont want to remove the rule altogether......but make it more
accurate so that i stops only the attackes on  Eicon Networks DIVA T/A
ISDN Modem 2.0
Eicon Networks DIVA T/A ISDN Modem 1.0
Eicon Networks DIVA LAN ISDN Modem 1.0 Release 2.5.

Was it a lenght-based (huge string supplied to HTTP server) exploit?
Then is there anyway I can specify that when this kind of request is
made, the max-length should not be more than say 40 characters?
Can I get more info on this exploit? So that I can change the rule accordingly?

Thanks in advance,
ecmproute