Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem: Win32 v2.4.3 does not start as a Service

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:00:26 -0600

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 11:14 -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:
Does anyone (with development experience) know whether this is an issue
with "service" code in snort, or is strictly a winpcap dependency issue?

Why don't you create a dependency that causes Snort to wait until
WinPCap 3.1 is up? If WinPCap is running as a service, note its name in
the Registry hive. Then check the hive for Snort. In there you can
manually add (with RegEdit) a dependency that causes Snort to wait until
WinPCap is started. I forgot the syntax (since I don't Windows anymore),
but check some service that you know have a dependency and it should be
clear what the syntax looks like.

Either that, or stick with WinPCap 3.0. Are there *really* any new
features you need to use?

Cheers,
Frank

--