Snort mailing list archives

Re: Have Snort on our master log server

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:33:27 -0500

Jacob Friis Saxberg wrote:
Since all of our servers are logging to one server, shouldn't we just
have Snort on that server, instead of on all of them?

Erm, what does the logging have to do with any of this?

Snort doesn't parse logfiles, it monitors network traffic. Pick your sensor
locations based on what network traffic you want to monitor.