Snort mailing list archives

Re: portscan preprocessor and external net

From: Jason Brvenik <jasonb () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:34:35 -0500

Variables are not supported for preprocessors. You need to use the
actual definitions of the networks and not the variable itself.

marco turr wrote:
  Hi,
I have a problem with portscan preprocessor.
I need to detect scan from $home -> $home and scan from $home -> any.
I see that in sfportscan and flow-portscan preprocessor there are
options like src-ignore-net or ignore-scanners.
Now if i set one of this options at $EXTERNAL_NET (where  EXTERNAL_NET
is !$HOME_NET) i get an error.
How can i resolve this?
Thanks a lot