Snort mailing list archives

Re: Libnet v1.1 vs libnet v1.0.2a

From: Dirk Geschke <dirk () geschke-online de>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:06:59 +0100

Hi Tudor,

Thanks. I actually thought of it, you can also pass the info to the
configure, --with-libnet... but I hoped that I can minimize the clutter on
the server(s) by using just one of them ;-).

yes, but be aware that --with-libnet will only work for the header
files and for static libraries. But if libnet-1.1 ist available
as a dynamic library it will link against this one regardless of
what you add to --with-libnet...

Are there any plans to support the newer libnet versions ? It seems that on
the packetfactory site 1.0.2 is deprecated/not supported anymore.

I do not know. But I think to remember that there was once an update
to libnet-1.1 with one of the flex-response patches. But I am not
sure...

Best regards

Dirk