Snort mailing list archives

Re: the better way?

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:32:50 +0100

Hi,

the first is not dangerous and the second is hopefully patched. You can
suppress these alerts but I would simply comment out the related rules.

Ralf

Am Donnerstag, den 10.11.2005, 07:50 -0800 schrieb John Friedman:
Hi all,

I found I have lots of these alerts:  10.1.10.3 is domain controller.

#2-(2-1564)
   [snort]
NETBIOS
SMB-DS IPC
$ unicode
share
access

2005-11-10
 10:36:18

10.1.12.14:4000

10.1.10.3:445
   TCP

#3-(2-1563)

[nessus]
[nessus]
[cve]
[icat]
[bugtraq]
[bugtraq]
[snort]
NETBIOS
SMB-DS
Session
Setup
NTMLSSP
unicode
asn1
overflow
attempt

2005-11-10
 10:36:18

10.1.12.14:4000

10.1.10.3:445
   TCP

10.1.12.14 is workstation or server IP.  What's the better way
to ignore these alerts?  (suppress?)  BTW, why does it generate many
these alerts and is it dangerous?

Thanks,

John

http://mail.yahoo.com