Snort mailing list archives

Re: Confused?

From: Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 10:56:32 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 01.11.2005, 08:32 -0800 schrieb John Friedman:
Here is my home var HOME_NET [10.1.10.0/24]
I span the firewall port to the snort box monitoring port.  I got a
lot of traffic from other VLAN such as 10.1.14.0/24,
10.1.44.0/24...10.1.77.0/24...

I feel a liittle bit confused why some alerts from 10.1.14.0/24 and
not just from 10.1.10.0/24?
The HOME_NET variable usually is used to detect attacks directed at this
network. Probably the attacks you see are directed at this network and
just originate in the network you stated.

Ralf

--
Ralf Spenneberg
OpenSource Training                     http://www.opensource-training.de