Snort mailing list archives

Re: Tagged Packet ... AAAHHH

From: Dirk Geschke <dirk () geschke-online de>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:19:03 +0100

Hi Michael,

I believe I have suppressed alerts for "Tagged Packet" as I do not see
them in the alert file, however. In the web GUI provided by BASE I can
see that "Tagged Packet" appears to be logged still.

I must be misunderstanding something here, can anyone help me out ?

I think this are reassembled packets from stream4. If you use the
unified output plugin these packets are split to the original size.
The first packet carries the alert informations, the others are marked
as tagged packets.

Best regards

Dirk