Snort mailing list archives

Update rules & doc question

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:41:40 -0600

Just upgrading to v2.4.3 and downloading appropriate rule snapshots.

Is there some reason why the snortrules-snapshot-2.4.tar installs the
signature text in doc\signatures while the community-rules-2.4.tar
installs the signature text in docs?

Also, any particular reason why both the snortrules and community
rules distribute the same sid-msg.map file (causing a slight conflict)
when the bleeding rules distribute bleeding-sid-msg.map (no conflict)?

I'm using oinkmaster for the updates and fully understand how to
recreate the sid-msg.map files.

Kind of seems like not a lot of thought was put into the distro's, or,
I'm kind of missing something. Is it just me?