Snort mailing list archives

New to Snort and IDS in general

From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes () mcaschool net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:10:35 -0400

Good Afternoon:

As our network has continued to evolve and grow, I have become
increasingly concerned about the threat of attack on our system.  This
has lead me to begin planning a SNORT implementation.  I am however very
very new to the IDS field.  I am the only IT person for our school, and
fulfill ALL IT roles in the building.  I am currently reading up on IDS
in general and SNORT in specific.  I would very much like to talk (via
e-mail or IM) with someone who can answer some questions for me
concerning best practices, common sense plans etc.  I think I am
beginning to get a handle on what I need to do, but I want to find the
best way to do it.

I will follow the will of the list as to keeping this on the list or
taking it private, so please let me know.

Anyone who can help me is welcome to contact me at the addresses below

E-Mail - tholmes () mcaschool net

YAHOO IM - w8tah

AOL IM - w8tahham

MSN IM - w8tah () hotmail com

ICQ - 223635031

Thanks

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy

A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3

Jeremiah 29:11