Snort mailing list archives

Re: API question about snort

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:16:20 -0400

Zhan Zhaohua wrote:
Hi all,
    I'm a new guy of snort, I have some API questions
about snort, would you please to help me.

1.I know the Snort is writed in C. Does it
have C/C++ API?

Snort has no API at all.

However, if you want to just get information from it you'll have to look at the
log formats. Particularly the "unified" format that snort uses to dump binary
data fast for barnyard.

2. Because I will use it at many way so we want to
know whether Snort support Java API, or the other
language?

What would you do with it if it did have an API?