Snort mailing list archives

Suppress alerts

From: Peter Rodger <prodger2008 () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Currently
[snort] (portscan) Open Port unclassified
[snort] (portscan) UDP Portsweep unclassified
[snort] (http_inspect) BARE BYTE UNICODE ENCODING

Are generating too many alerts. I have attempted to
suppress these alerts in my snort.conf file like the
following:
suppress gen_id 122, sig_id 27:
suppress gen_id 122, sig_id 19:
suppress gen_id 119, sig_id 4:

But those alerts are still generating a lot as before.

I do not know why these alerts can not be surppressed?

Thanks,

Peter