Snort mailing list archives

New Features on Snort.org

From: "Richard Bewley" <rbewley () parabolainc com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:12:27 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Based on community feedback, we've added some great new features to
Snort.org and to our forums!  As always, we encourage your feedback as
we work to make the site a better resource for the Snort community.

New Site Features Include:

- Snort.org RSS Feeds

We've added several ways you can syndicate news from Snort.org to your
own website, including an RSS feed which you can also use in your mail
program to notify you of new Snort activity!  To see our feed
information, please visit http://www.snort.org/feeds.html

- Revised Homepage

We have a newly designed Snort.org homepage, which includes syndicated
security news from several external websites to help bring all the
important news to one place.

- Site Search

Now, in addition to searching through our rules, you can now use our
site search on the left hand column of snort.org to search through our
technical docs, releases, and more.

- New Snort Forums

We are completely redesigning the forums, giving them new functionality,
and making them easier to use. The first batch of new features includes:

   - Forum Search (With search highlighting of keywords)
   - Who's Online (Other users available for posting)
   - Forum Statistics
   - Last Post (So you know if there are new posts from the homepage)
   - Total posts on homepage

Please send us your feedback!  We have opened a new forum for feedback
at http://www.snort.org/reg-bin/forums.cgi?forum_id=9, and you are also
welcome to contact us directly at snort-site () sourcefire com with any
feature suggestions or feedback you have for the site.

Thanks,

Richard Bewley
Snort Web Team
Sourcefire, Inc