Snort mailing list archives

Re: Old unified log files

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:53:54 -0500

--On Friday, July 15, 2005 12:36:46 -0400 "Kolanovic, Tomislav/Human Resources" <KolanovT () mskcc org> wrote:

I have snort outputting to unified log files, and barnyard sending them
to sguil... That's mainly working fine. However, a new unified log file
is created every 128 MB.

Is there an automated way to delete the old unified log files after
barnyard is done with them? I don't think they are needed for anything,
are they?

Does newsyslog.conf not do the job?

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer