Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.4.2 with ClamAV

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:14:54 -0500

make distclean && autoreconf -f && ./configure --enable-clamav
--with-clamav-defdir=/var/lib/clamav && make && make install

You need to update configure.....

Regards,

will

On 9/29/05, Bill Warren <bwarren () optivel com> wrote:
I just downloaded both Snort 2.4.2 and the ClamAV diff file for Snort
2.4.2.  I put the diff file in my uncompressed snort-2.4.2 and ran
"patch -p 1 < snort-2.4.2-clamonly.diff" Everything went fine.  When I
did the compile I used "./configure --enable-clamav
--with-clamav-defdir=/var/lib/clamav" then make, make install, and had
no problems.  In my Snort.conf file I put in "preprocessor clamav: ports
all, toclientonly, dbdir /var/lib/clamav, toclientonly dbreload-time
43200, file-descriptor-mode, descriptor-temp-dir /tmp"

When I run snort I get "ERROR:  unknown preprocessor "clamav""

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill