Snort mailing list archives

Geez

From: "Bill Parker" <dogbert () netnevada net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 17:50:44 -0700

While I know the timely update of releases for snort is important, it would seem to me that since snort has it's roots
in unix, that build should be made first, and all other releases done after that.  However, it appears that everyone
wants software now, as opposed to later.  I've seen too many screwups occur from improperly written software, and as
such, it would make sense to me to make sure bugfixes are done correctly.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, give the people at SourceFire a break...  Running 2.4.0 with a workaround isn't
going to KILL anyone on a platform other than unix/linux for a few days...egad...

Bill