Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with permissions when snort ran as user "snort"

From: Evan J <maps.this.address () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:25:50 -0400

Exactly a comment I stated a while back. Why doesn't Snort set
ownership of log files to snort but root? I understand that in most
systems `root' account has privilege to run pcap in premiscuous mode
but what about the actual writing to the log files?

Sp0ng3 B0b, What is bridge0? Is it the actual name of your interface?
Shouldn't it be ep0, xl0, or dc0? Excuse my ignorance for I don't use
OpenBSD...