Snort mailing list archives

not load snort rules when I use -D option

From: Pablo Nebrera <pablonebrera () eneotecnologia com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:25:13 +0200

        I have a problem when I start snort. I use:

/usr/sbin/snort -m 027 -d -D -l /var/log/snort -u root -g root
-c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i br0

and snort doesn load the rules.

If I start snort with out the -D option it loads the rules perfectly.

What is the problem???

I can start snort using daemon tools but I would like to use it by this
form.

Thanks for the help

Pablo