Snort mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:52:41 -0400

It's not starting, most likely due to an error in snort.conf or one of the
.rules files.   Try running it from a shell without -D or '&' and see what
kind of error it gives you.

PaulM

Subject: [Snort-users] (no subject)

I install the snort in RPM version, and after that,
I  just found that I start the snort with >/etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd start,
but
I CAN'T find it  within  > ps -ef , What's Wrong with it?