Snort mailing list archives

Re: Tapping into the ring buffer

From: sekure <sekure () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:15:53 -0400

I was thinking of that, but ideally i was looking for something
simpler.  Besides, depending on the speed of your processor vs. the
load of the network snort might quit when it finishes processing the
last packet in the file, which could happen before tcpdump captures
its 500 Megs worth and rotates the files.

I guess I was thinking that this ring buffer has to exist somewhere in
memory, It would be nice if other applications could read it too, in
realtime.

Thanks,