Snort mailing list archives

Re: MYSQL 4.0 root login attempt

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:13:31 -0500

--On Tuesday, August 16, 2005 10:29:06 -0500 David Naylor <DNaylor () TEXASTRUSTCU ORG> wrote:

I get this message every morning with source/destination of my Snort box
and database server respectively.  Why is Snort trying to log back into
the SQL server every morning?

Hard to say without knowing a little more - like what OS are you using.

If it's unix, it *could* be syslogd HUPing the process when the logfile is turned over.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member