Snort mailing list archives

Problems with MySQL & Snort

From: Stevo <checkpoint () ozbergs com>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 14:30:30 -0700

All,

I'm having problems getting Snort to start because it can't find the mysql socket file. The error I get is:

ERROR: database: mysql_error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'

MySQL is running just fine on this server, but the socket is /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock. I attempted to change the socket in my.cnf but that stopped another application I'm using from running (as it's looking for the /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock), so I need to work out how to get Snort to look for /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock as the MySQL socket.

Does anyone have any ideas where that socket is defined in Snort and how I can get around this?

Much appreciated.

Stevo