Snort mailing list archives

How come?

From: "mr leokenzie" <tenminustwo () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 03:14:48 +0000

How come they ask me for mysql.sock in /tmp directory not /var/lib/mysql?
How can i direct it to the /var/lib/mysql directory?

Why when I try to run this /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start I encounter this problem: [Thu Apr 07 10:35:27 2005] [warn] module php4_module is already loaded, skipping(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
Unable to open logs.

Because,
I created a file called test.php
Add the following line to the file;

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

and save the file, then fire up my browser and point it to localhost/test.php but didnt see a listing of all kinds of cool info about Apache, PHP, etc. Why is that?
Thanks.