Snort mailing list archives

PF_RING question

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendo () hendohome com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:16:09 -0500

Is there anyone out there using PF_RING for your snort setup?

I seem to have it compiled into the kernel and have a modified libpcap that
works.

The problem is that I think that PF_RING is only letting me see 68 bytes of
every packet.

I'm using env vars  PCAP_FRAMES=max and PCAP_SNAPLEN=1514 but when I
actually sniff the traffic using tcpdump with a -s 1514, I don't see packets
bigger than 68 bytes.

Have any of you clueful persons out there seen this behavior?

Thanks

Dennis