Snort mailing list archives

Re: Unknown keyword ' ftpbounce' in rule

From: Robert Bilbrey <rbilbrey () naasecurity net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:57:48 -0700

Had to comment it out, it is in the vrt ruleset, but snort doesn't recognize it.

Pachulski, Keith wrote:
Is anyone else getting this or just me? I searched for the ftpbounce keyword in the 2.3.2 user manual and found
nothing..

ERROR: Warning: /home/snort/sigs/ftp.rules(119) => Unknown keyword ' ftpbounce' in rule!
Fatal Error, Quitting..

[root@nids snort-2.3.2]# snort -V

  o"  )~   Version 2.3.2 (Build 12)
   ''''    By Martin Roesch & The Snort Team: http://www.snort.org/team.html
           (C) Copyright 1998-2004 Sourcefire Inc., et al.

|Keith A. Pachulski | PenTeleData LP1 Corporate Security Coordinator |
|Phone: (800) 281.3564 x2454 | Pager: 6103497095 () vtext com|
|PGP: 6B56 C8DC 6201 6D1A BFF5  5799 E193 ABAA 9549 74D0|