Snort mailing list archives

BASE 1.1.3 release

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:27:50 -0400

The BASE project team is proud to announce the immediate
availability of the 1.1.3(lynn) release.

This release includes a number of performance increases
along with a number of bug fixes.  We have also included support
for Oracle.  Along with this, we have increased our translations to
include Simplified Chinese and Czech!

We would like to thank everyone that continues to support the team,
both by using the product and sending us bug reports and patches.

To brag a little, we would like to point out that two different articles
appeared talking about the project when explaining various uses of
Snort.  And our understanding is that another is on the way.<g>

We also had a wonderful IRC session, where a number of users met
with the developers to discuss the future of BASE and what 2.x means.
The transcript of this meeting is available on our website at
http://secureideas.sourceforge.net

We would like to invite anyone who would like to
contribute, whether seasoned programmer or beginner that is
looking to learn, to contact us at base () secureideas net to
discuss how you can join the team!

Of course we should mention that the download is available on our
Sourceforge.net site at http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas

Thanks!
Kevin Johnson and the BASE project team

BASE Project Lead