Snort mailing list archives

Re: sfportscan - open ports

From: hchlai () netscape net (Hin)
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:49:16 -0500

Thanks Jeremy... I believe I'll wait for 2.4 to come out. I can't find the patch that you indicated on the web, but any
assistance would be appreciated.
I'm just curious that since sfportscan is a preprocessor, I would think that threshold.conf will not work on it. Data
seems to flow from physical link -> packet capture kernel module or pcap-> snort decoder -> snort preprocessor -> snort
signature file.  I thought threshold.conf will only interact after preprocessor pass the info to signature file. Am I
correct?
Many thanks!

Hin

Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 29, Hin wrote:
Can someone give me some advise on how to suppress the "portscan:
open port" alert? I have put "suppress gen_id 122, sig_id 27" on the

Hin -

There is a fix for this in CVS' SNORT_2_3 branch. Could you check out
this branch and let me know if it suits your needs?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.