Snort mailing list archives

RE: problem with snort...

From: Eric Maheo <eric.maheo () appliedwatch com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:58:06 -0500

I think you should take a look at the bait and switch project.
http://baitnswitch.sourceforge.net/

It seems to do what you are looking for..

hope it helps..

Thanks,
--

Eric Maheo
Vice President of Engineering,

Applied Watch Technologies, LLC
1134 N. Main St.
Algonquin, IL 60102

Tel: (877) 262-7593 x324
Fax: (877) 262-7593

Email: eric.maheo () appliedwatch com
Web: http://www.appliedwatch.com

Hello,

It is not about the iptables...
I want to switch the connection...of course including
all packets..the switching because the packet trying
offend me..so, what should i do with my snort?
what should i do with the configuration so i can
switch the connection to the specific IP..

regards,

tommy

--- Patrick Harper <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
wrote:

Huh?  Sounds like NAT to me.  You may want to look
at IP tables.  You might
want to give us a little better idea what you really
want to do. Send
detailed descriptions, pictures, diagrams, cave
drawings, something.

You did not mention why it would switch, is it just
because there is a
packet or did this packet offend you?  If every
packet would be switched,
what would trigger the switch.  Shoot, maybe a
badminton racquet to swat the
packets from one machine to the other will work
(picturing that in my head
it looks real funny) would work.  Please provide
more details as to what you
would like to do and if Snort can do it I am sure
this list can help point
you in the right direction.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com