Snort mailing list archives

pid file creation

From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 () hotpop com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:54:10 +0530

Hi Snorters,
           I am really worried why snort creates pid file under /var/run directory in unix only when run in daemon
mode. Is there any reason for this?. I love to see a pid file created when everytime I start snort (in all three
modes). I read posts  discussing about having pid in syslogs and /var/log/messages. I think, creating pid under
/var/run once snort process started will be really useful.

snort team, are you planning to this in next release?. Or any guys have it already?. If so send it to the list, or let
me do it.

--
Senthil Prabu.S