Snort mailing list archives

Re: HTTP-Inspect / Stream4 Reassembly question

From: Daniel Purcell <dpurcell () nitrosecurity com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:15:43 -0600

I found the message you were referring to in the snort-devel archives on the 19th of May. I added "flow_depth 0" to my http_inspect configuration and now my sig works. Thanks!

-Dan

Will Metcalf wrote:
I think Matt from Sourcefire answered a similar question about a week
ago.  I don't think stream4 reassembly really has much to do with this
sig not firing as eicar.com should fit into a single packet despite
any overly long http header crap.  Check out Matt's response below.

Regards,

Will

If you looking for things deep into the server response you'll have to
change the configuration for http_inspect.  By default http_inspect only
passes the first 300 bytes of server response traffic to the detection
engine.

Try adding "flow_depth 0" to you http_inspect configuration and see if
that fixes your problem.