Snort mailing list archives

Re: very odd !

From: Kevin Reiter <tux () penguinnetwerx net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 15:49:02 -0400

David Naylor wrote:
I have recently moved my Snorting from Windows to Linux and while setting up Snort I noticed a very strange issue.  When I
kick off the IDS, it doesn't seem to read the Snort.conf file.  I have even tried removing the file from the computer
and it still boots up just fine.  How then am I to make changes to the configuration??  Is there another file used with the
Linux version?  Do I need to recompile every time I change the file?

Are you starting Snort with the -c /path/to/snort.conf option?