Snort mailing list archives

Re: Query abt Mysql

From: slice <1unixoid () list ru>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:41:05 +0400

HI, Mukesh.

I had this problem. This is my config - /etc/my.cnf
I hope it will be helpful.

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql/
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib/mysql/
datadir/var/lib/mysql/

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

Please show your log file

Hello Snort Users,
                      I am installing mysql 4.4.12 on Redhat 9.
When i write ./mysql on shell I am getting a problem

Cann't connect to local mysql server through socket /tmp/mysql.sock (111)

Pleas help me to solve out this problem.

Tell me how to install mysql properly.

Reply as soon as possible.

Thanx a lot,

Mukesh.